12 Books, 12 Months Challenge
* Pick 12 titles from your To Read Pile. These should be titles you currently own in whatever format you prefer.
* Acquisition of other formats or translations is permitted. So, if you have a paperback but want to read on your Kindle, you can get a Kindle copy. If you have a library copy but want to buy your own, that's kosher. Heck, if you own a copy and want to check another out from the library, I'm not gonna stop you.
* Post your list in your public space of choice by September 1, 2010. If you prefer not to post, you can just leave a comment with your list.
* Read all 12 titles between now and September 5, 2011. Might as well tack on an extra long weekend at the end for cramming.
* When you finish a title on your list, post about it in your public space of choice. If you prefer not to post, you can just leave a comment with your review.
* Once a month, I'll post a round-up of the reviews posted from that month so that we all know what everyone else has read.
I chose a lot of books that have recommended to me over the years. It feels rude to let suggested books sit for so long. So, I'm going to try to catch up.
Alone In The Kitchen With Eggplant – Jenni Ferrari-Adler, ed. (recommended by lalien)
Pretty Little Mistakes – Heather McElhatton
Carter Beats The Devil – Glen David Gold (recommended by Anthony)
A Brother's Price – Wen Spencer (recommended by lalien)
Why We Read What We Read – Lisa Adams and John Heath
When You Are Engulfed In Flames – David Sedaris (recommended and given to me by Eric)
Ill Met By Moonlight – Sarah Hoyt (recommended by Michele)
The Selfish Gene – Richard Dawkins (recommended by Tom)
The Gold Bug Variations – Richard Powers (recommended by mortalfool411)
Soulless – Gail Carriger
Illyria – Elizabeth Hand
Halting State – Charles Stross